Man Jailed in Pine County After Meth Found in Vehicle | Crime
A man was in the Pine County Jail Thursday after authorities found half a pound of methamphetamine in his vehicle.
John Arnold Leraan Jr. was arrested Tuesday after he was stopped by a Pine County sheriff's deputy. A routine warrant check revealed Leraan had outstanding felony warrants, according to the sheriff's office. Authorities searched Leraan's vehicle and found half a pound of methamphetamine.
According to a criminal complaint, Leraan admitted he'd purchased the narcotics in the Twin Cities metro area for $16,000 and was taking them to Duluth for resale. Leraan told authorities he made the same trip every three weeks.
Leraan is being held on one count of first degree controlled substance sales and one count of first degree possession of a controlled substance.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Visitation, Mass Held for Lakeville Teen Killed in Crash
- Lindsey Vonn 'Ready for Sochi,' Finishes 5th in a World-Cup Super-G
- Changes to Road Were Planned Before Crash that Killed Lakeville Teen
- Police Search for Farmington Woman Missing Since Nov. 1
- Lakeville Teen Killed in Crash was Soccer Player, FCA Leader