Man Jailed in Pine County After Meth Found in Vehicle | Crime
A man was in the Pine County Jail Thursday after authorities found half a pound of methamphetamine in his vehicle.
John Arnold Leraan Jr. was arrested Tuesday after he was stopped by a Pine County sheriff's deputy. A routine warrant check revealed Leraan had outstanding felony warrants, according to the sheriff's office. Authorities searched Leraan's vehicle and found half a pound of methamphetamine.
According to a criminal complaint, Leraan admitted he'd purchased the narcotics in the Twin Cities metro area for $16,000 and was taking them to Duluth for resale. Leraan told authorities he made the same trip every three weeks.
Leraan is being held on one count of first degree controlled substance sales and one count of first degree possession of a controlled substance.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets Announces 30 New Stores Ahead of Opening