Man Jailed in Pine County After Meth Found in Vehicle | Crime
A man was in the Pine County Jail Thursday after authorities found half a pound of methamphetamine in his vehicle.
John Arnold Leraan Jr. was arrested Tuesday after he was stopped by a Pine County sheriff's deputy. A routine warrant check revealed Leraan had outstanding felony warrants, according to the sheriff's office. Authorities searched Leraan's vehicle and found half a pound of methamphetamine.
According to a criminal complaint, Leraan admitted he'd purchased the narcotics in the Twin Cities metro area for $16,000 and was taking them to Duluth for resale. Leraan told authorities he made the same trip every three weeks.
Leraan is being held on one count of first degree controlled substance sales and one count of first degree possession of a controlled substance.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shutterfly Opens New Shakopee Facility with Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Cone Zone: Major Detours Across the Metro this Weekend
- Slain Mendota Heights Officer to be Laid to Rest Wednesday
- Document: Fitch was Shot 8 Times, Undergoing Surgery
- Fallen Mendota Heights Officer Brought Humor, Comfort to Job
- Family of Fallen Mendota Heights Police Officer Touched by Community Support