Minn. Dentists Offering Free Care to Kids in Need | Health
Minnesota dentists will be providing free dental care services for children in need across the state on Feb. 1-2.
The Minnesota Dental Association's 11th annual Give Kids a Smile event is expected to provide care to 6,000 children at over 200 dental clinics throughout the state.
People interested in scheduling an appointment can call United Way at 211, or the statewide toll-free number 1-800-543-7709. Patients should be 18 years or younger and accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Since Give Kids a Smile began, Minnesota dentists have provided free care to nearly 50,000 young children and donated services valued at more than $15 million dollars.
Volunteers speaking multiple languages have been engaged to eliminate language barriers, and school nurses are working to make sure families are aware of the program.
Participating clinics are listed at http://www.mndental.org
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track
- Man Arrested Months after Woman's Body Found in Dakota County Woods
- $1,000 Reward Offered in Mendota Heights Vandalism Cases
- Burnsville Man Accused of Sexual Conduct with 11-Year-Old Girl
- Neighbors say Hastings Park has Become a Swamp