Minn. Dentists Offering Free Care to Kids in Need | Health
Minnesota dentists will be providing free dental care services for children in need across the state on Feb. 1-2.
The Minnesota Dental Association's 11th annual Give Kids a Smile event is expected to provide care to 6,000 children at over 200 dental clinics throughout the state.
People interested in scheduling an appointment can call United Way at 211, or the statewide toll-free number 1-800-543-7709. Patients should be 18 years or younger and accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Since Give Kids a Smile began, Minnesota dentists have provided free care to nearly 50,000 young children and donated services valued at more than $15 million dollars.
Volunteers speaking multiple languages have been engaged to eliminate language barriers, and school nurses are working to make sure families are aware of the program.
Participating clinics are listed at http://www.mndental.org
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Tire Business in South St. Paul
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association