Minn. Dentists Offering Free Care to Kids in Need | Health
Minnesota dentists will be providing free dental care services for children in need across the state on Feb. 1-2.
The Minnesota Dental Association's 11th annual Give Kids a Smile event is expected to provide care to 6,000 children at over 200 dental clinics throughout the state.
People interested in scheduling an appointment can call United Way at 211, or the statewide toll-free number 1-800-543-7709. Patients should be 18 years or younger and accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Since Give Kids a Smile began, Minnesota dentists have provided free care to nearly 50,000 young children and donated services valued at more than $15 million dollars.
Volunteers speaking multiple languages have been engaged to eliminate language barriers, and school nurses are working to make sure families are aware of the program.
Participating clinics are listed at http://www.mndental.org
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rep. John Kline Hosts 'Aging and Wellness Expo' for Seniors
- Sentencing of South St. Paul Man in Murder of Minn. National Guardsman Delayed
- West. St. Paul Students to Plant Trees at Schools, Homes Ahead of Earth Day
- Twin Cities Mothers Combat Postpartum Depression
- Burnsville Fire Department Looks to Improve Response Times