Brainerd Police Investigate 2 Possible Abduction Attempts | News
Brainerd Police are investigating reports of two possible abduction attempts.
According to Brainerd Police, the first incident occurred on Sept. 7 around 7 p.m. on the 1100 block of Norwood Street.
A four-year-old girl was riding her bike when she was approached by a man in a silver truck, who told the girl to put her bike in the back, and to get inside.
The girl was with other children. She left the area to tell an adult relative what had happened.
The second incident took place Sept. 8 around noon on the 900 block of South 8th Street. Police say a 9-year-old boy was riding his bike when he was approached by a man in a truck.
The man told the boy to get in the truck. The boy left the area immediately and went home to tell a parent what had happened.
In both cases, the man did not attempt to get out of the truck.
Police believe the two incidents may be related.
The suspect was described as an older white man, with a skinny face, short hair, and possibly a short beard. He was described as having a deep voice. The truck was described as silver and may have scratches along the length of the driver's side and louder exhaust.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Brainerd Police Department at 218-829-2805.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- United Way Reminds Minnesotans to Use 2-1-1
- Chanhassen Approves Ordinance to Reduce Sex Trafficking at Massage Businesses
- Holiday Shoppers in West Suburbs can Take Public Transportation to MOA
- Minnesota-based 3D Printer Giants Gear Up for Patent Battle
- Carver County Kicks Off Program Aimed at Helping its Veterans
- Lakeville Teen Killed in Crash was Soccer Player, FCA Leader
- Snow Keeps Metro Emergency Rooms Busy with Weather-Related Injuries
- Sen. Al Franken Discusses College Affordability at Apple Valley Event
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Burnsville Travelodge Hotel
- Golden Valley Playground to be Donated to Children Around the Globe