Brainerd Police Investigate 2 Possible Abduction Attempts | News
Brainerd Police are investigating reports of two possible abduction attempts.
According to Brainerd Police, the first incident occurred on Sept. 7 around 7 p.m. on the 1100 block of Norwood Street.
A four-year-old girl was riding her bike when she was approached by a man in a silver truck, who told the girl to put her bike in the back, and to get inside.
The girl was with other children. She left the area to tell an adult relative what had happened.
The second incident took place Sept. 8 around noon on the 900 block of South 8th Street. Police say a 9-year-old boy was riding his bike when he was approached by a man in a truck.
The man told the boy to get in the truck. The boy left the area immediately and went home to tell a parent what had happened.
In both cases, the man did not attempt to get out of the truck.
Police believe the two incidents may be related.
The suspect was described as an older white man, with a skinny face, short hair, and possibly a short beard. He was described as having a deep voice. The truck was described as silver and may have scratches along the length of the driver's side and louder exhaust.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Brainerd Police Department at 218-829-2805.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Future of the Mississippi River is up for Debate
- Fire Damages Roof of Inver Grove Heights Elementary School
- Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track
- Man Arrested Months after Woman's Body Found in Dakota County Woods
- $1,000 Reward Offered in Mendota Heights Vandalism Cases