Rochester Man Arrested After High Speed Chase in Stolen Car | News
A Rochester man is in jail accused of leading deputies on a high speed chase in a stolen Corvette.
The Steele County Sheriff's Office says deputies spotted the stolen 1999 red Corvette with paramedic plates around 5:15 p.m. Wednesday. They say the car had been stolen earlier in the day.
When they attempted to pull it over, they say the driver led them on a 16 miles chase through southeastern Steele County with speeds as high as 100 miles per hour.
The chase eventually ended in a plowed field. The driver, 32 year-old Aaron Anderson was taken into custody. Authorities say Anderson has three felony warrants out of Olmsted County.
He will make his first court appearance on Friday.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets Announces 30 New Stores Ahead of Opening
- Future of the Mississippi River is up for Debate
- Fire Damages Roof of Inver Grove Heights Elementary School
- Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track
- Man Arrested Months after Woman's Body Found in Dakota County Woods