Rochester Man Arrested After High Speed Chase in Stolen Car | News
A Rochester man is in jail accused of leading deputies on a high speed chase in a stolen Corvette.
The Steele County Sheriff's Office says deputies spotted the stolen 1999 red Corvette with paramedic plates around 5:15 p.m. Wednesday. They say the car had been stolen earlier in the day.
When they attempted to pull it over, they say the driver led them on a 16 miles chase through southeastern Steele County with speeds as high as 100 miles per hour.
The chase eventually ended in a plowed field. The driver, 32 year-old Aaron Anderson was taken into custody. Authorities say Anderson has three felony warrants out of Olmsted County.
He will make his first court appearance on Friday.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Tire Business in South St. Paul
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association