Rochester Man Arrested After High Speed Chase in Stolen Car | News
A Rochester man is in jail accused of leading deputies on a high speed chase in a stolen Corvette.
The Steele County Sheriff's Office says deputies spotted the stolen 1999 red Corvette with paramedic plates around 5:15 p.m. Wednesday. They say the car had been stolen earlier in the day.
When they attempted to pull it over, they say the driver led them on a 16 miles chase through southeastern Steele County with speeds as high as 100 miles per hour.
The chase eventually ended in a plowed field. The driver, 32 year-old Aaron Anderson was taken into custody. Authorities say Anderson has three felony warrants out of Olmsted County.
He will make his first court appearance on Friday.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New U of M Study Links using a Doula and Reduction in C-Sections
- Motorcyclist Identified in Deadly Crash near Mall of America
- West St. Paul Church Holds Garage Sale to Benefit Charities
- FEMA Rejects Dakota Co. for Disaster Declaration<br />
- Burnsville Woman Accused of Cutting Brother with Knives over Wi-Fi Connection