'Heart of Hutch' Promotes Health and Wellness in Hutchinson | News
Known as a manufacturing community with more unhealthy food choices than parks, the city of Hutchinson is working to change its image not only for its residents, but visitors too.
It's a grassroots effort called the "Heart of Hutch" with the goal of promoting healthier, active living.
Volunteers are working with the schools to get more fruits and vegetables in lunches, incorporating several 5K runs in the city throughout the year, and working to pave the Luce Line for bicyclists.
"Our hope is to increase the opportunities for not just locals to participate in healthy living but really draw in out of towners. If you haven't been to Hutch, there's reasons to go," says volunteer Candace Hoversten.
Restaurants are also working with dieticians to put healthier food options on menu's for customers.
For more information about "Heart of Hutch," click here.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Model Airplane Enthusiasts Seek Permission to Fly in Scott County
- 1 Person Hurt in Plane Accident at Airlake Airport in Lakeville
- Twin Cities Schools Launch Minnesota Thursdays to Feature Foods from Local Farms
- New U of M Study Links using a Doula and Reduction in C-Sections
- Motorcyclist Identified in Deadly Crash near Mall of America