'Heart of Hutch' Promotes Health and Wellness in Hutchinson | News
Known as a manufacturing community with more unhealthy food choices than parks, the city of Hutchinson is working to change its image not only for its residents, but visitors too.
It's a grassroots effort called the "Heart of Hutch" with the goal of promoting healthier, active living.
Volunteers are working with the schools to get more fruits and vegetables in lunches, incorporating several 5K runs in the city throughout the year, and working to pave the Luce Line for bicyclists.
"Our hope is to increase the opportunities for not just locals to participate in healthy living but really draw in out of towners. If you haven't been to Hutch, there's reasons to go," says volunteer Candace Hoversten.
Restaurants are also working with dieticians to put healthier food options on menu's for customers.
For more information about "Heart of Hutch," click here.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Sources: Mendota Heights Officer Shot in the Head in West St. Paul
- 2 Indicted on 1st Degree Murder Charges in Death of Anarae Schunk
- Minnesota Officials Consider High-Speed Rail
- Northfield Police Looking for Shooting Suspect Believed to be Threat to Public
- Sheriff: No Prior Criminal History for Mendota Heights Man Killed in Alleged Home Invasion