'Heart of Hutch' Promotes Health and Wellness in Hutchinson | News
Known as a manufacturing community with more unhealthy food choices than parks, the city of Hutchinson is working to change its image not only for its residents, but visitors too.
It's a grassroots effort called the "Heart of Hutch" with the goal of promoting healthier, active living.
Volunteers are working with the schools to get more fruits and vegetables in lunches, incorporating several 5K runs in the city throughout the year, and working to pave the Luce Line for bicyclists.
"Our hope is to increase the opportunities for not just locals to participate in healthy living but really draw in out of towners. If you haven't been to Hutch, there's reasons to go," says volunteer Candace Hoversten.
Restaurants are also working with dieticians to put healthier food options on menu's for customers.
For more information about "Heart of Hutch," click here.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- St. Paul Man Charged in Drive-by Shooting in West St. Paul
- Woman Returns to Apple Valley Arby's to Thank Employees who Helped Save her Life
- Mendota Heights Swears in New Police Officer
- Quick Thinking of Coaches, Staff Saves Life of Mendota Heights HS Student
- Slight Chance of Severe Storms as More Rain Falls