Friend: Alyssa Lommel Showing "Baby Step" Improvements | News
Friends gathered to pray for a college student who had severe hypothermia after spending the night in subzero temperatures.
Police say 19-year-old Alyssa Jo Lommel had been out drinking with friends Dec. 6 and was dropped off at her Duluth house around midnight. A passer-by spotted Lommel on her front stoop about nine hours later.
The St. Cloud Times reports friends gathered Friday at Cathedral High School in St. Cloud. The University of Minnesota Duluth student remains in critical condition at a St. Paul hospital.
Lommel's roommate Abbie Hagen says Lommel's condition is improving. She described it as "baby steps" but that it's "very positive."
A fund has been set up for her at Bremer Bank in St. Cloud.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets Announces 30 New Stores Ahead of Opening