Friend: Alyssa Lommel Showing "Baby Step" Improvements | News
Friends gathered to pray for a college student who had severe hypothermia after spending the night in subzero temperatures.
Police say 19-year-old Alyssa Jo Lommel had been out drinking with friends Dec. 6 and was dropped off at her Duluth house around midnight. A passer-by spotted Lommel on her front stoop about nine hours later.
The St. Cloud Times reports friends gathered Friday at Cathedral High School in St. Cloud. The University of Minnesota Duluth student remains in critical condition at a St. Paul hospital.
Lommel's roommate Abbie Hagen says Lommel's condition is improving. She described it as "baby steps" but that it's "very positive."
A fund has been set up for her at Bremer Bank in St. Cloud.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shutterfly Opens New Shakopee Facility with Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Brother Remembers Fallen Mendota Heights Officer Committed to 'Noble Profession'
- Document: Fitch was Shot 8 Times, Undergoing Surgery
- Slain Mendota Heights Officer to be Laid to Rest Wednesday
- Cone Zone: Major Detours Across the Metro this Weekend
- Fallen Mendota Heights Officer Brought Humor, Comfort to Job