Friend: Alyssa Lommel Showing "Baby Step" Improvements | News
Friends gathered to pray for a college student who had severe hypothermia after spending the night in subzero temperatures.
Police say 19-year-old Alyssa Jo Lommel had been out drinking with friends Dec. 6 and was dropped off at her Duluth house around midnight. A passer-by spotted Lommel on her front stoop about nine hours later.
The St. Cloud Times reports friends gathered Friday at Cathedral High School in St. Cloud. The University of Minnesota Duluth student remains in critical condition at a St. Paul hospital.
Lommel's roommate Abbie Hagen says Lommel's condition is improving. She described it as "baby steps" but that it's "very positive."
A fund has been set up for her at Bremer Bank in St. Cloud.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- World's 3rd Oldest Snow Monkey to Turn 31 at Minnesota Zoo
- Model Airplane Enthusiasts Seek Permission to Fly in Scott County
- 1 Person Hurt in Plane Accident at Airlake Airport in Lakeville
- Twin Cities Schools Launch Minnesota Thursdays to Feature Foods from Local Farms
- New U of M Study Links using a Doula and Reduction in C-Sections