Body of Missing Mpls. Man Found in Lake | News
Authorities in northern Minnesota have recovered the body of a Minneapolis man missing since late last week.
Divers with the Crow Wing County Sheriff's Office located 59-year-old Thomas Robert Fife in Bay Lake shortly before 10 a.m. Tuesday. His body was found in 50 feet of water.
Fife had been missing since Friday, when his pontoon boat washed up on shore.
His body was transported to the Ramsey County Medical Examiner's Office, where an autopsy is pending.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Fallen Mendota Heights Officer Remembered as 'Gentle,' 'Dedicated'
- Reporter's Notebook: Tragic Shooting of Mendota Heights Police Officer
- Witnesses Rushed to Help Mendota Heights Officer after Gunshots
- Police Locate Suspect's Vehicle in Officer Shooting Manhunt
- 2 Indicted on 1st Degree Murder Charges in Death of Anarae Schunk