Miracle League of Central Minnesota Opens a Special Field | News
The Miracle League of Central Minnesota is set to open their new field for special needs children on Saturday, June 4.
The new field, Whitney Field, is located at Whitney Park at 1529 Northway Drive in St. Cloud.
The field will open at 11:30 a.m. with a ribbon cutting ceremony. Former Minnesota Twins player, Al Newman, will cut the ribbon and give a speech.
The opening pitch is set to be thrown at noon. Followed by the first game on the field.
The Miracle League of Central Minnesota is a nonprofit organization that gives kids with mental or physical disabilities a chance to play baseball.
It broke ground on Whitney Field in 2010 with help from sponsors Northwestern Mutual Foundation and the Metro Lions of St. Cloud. Former Twins player Harmon Killebrew was also a huge supporter of Miracle League.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Model Airplane Enthusiasts Seek Permission to Fly in Scott County
- 1 Person Hurt in Plane Accident at Airlake Airport in Lakeville
- Twin Cities Schools Launch Minnesota Thursdays to Feature Foods from Local Farms
- New U of M Study Links using a Doula and Reduction in C-Sections
- Motorcyclist Identified in Deadly Crash near Mall of America