Miracle League of Central Minnesota Opens a Special Field | News
The Miracle League of Central Minnesota is set to open their new field for special needs children on Saturday, June 4.
The new field, Whitney Field, is located at Whitney Park at 1529 Northway Drive in St. Cloud.
The field will open at 11:30 a.m. with a ribbon cutting ceremony. Former Minnesota Twins player, Al Newman, will cut the ribbon and give a speech.
The opening pitch is set to be thrown at noon. Followed by the first game on the field.
The Miracle League of Central Minnesota is a nonprofit organization that gives kids with mental or physical disabilities a chance to play baseball.
It broke ground on Whitney Field in 2010 with help from sponsors Northwestern Mutual Foundation and the Metro Lions of St. Cloud. Former Twins player Harmon Killebrew was also a huge supporter of Miracle League.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shutterfly Opens New Shakopee Facility with Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Fallen Mendota Heights Officer Brought Humor, Comfort to Job
- Family of Fallen Mendota Heights Police Officer Touched by Community Support
- Police Locate Suspect's Vehicle in Officer Shooting Manhunt
- Suspect Arrested, Charged in Northfield Armed Robbery and Shooting
- Community Members Gather to Honor Mendota Heights Officer