Miracle League of Central Minnesota Opens a Special Field | News
The Miracle League of Central Minnesota is set to open their new field for special needs children on Saturday, June 4.
The new field, Whitney Field, is located at Whitney Park at 1529 Northway Drive in St. Cloud.
The field will open at 11:30 a.m. with a ribbon cutting ceremony. Former Minnesota Twins player, Al Newman, will cut the ribbon and give a speech.
The opening pitch is set to be thrown at noon. Followed by the first game on the field.
The Miracle League of Central Minnesota is a nonprofit organization that gives kids with mental or physical disabilities a chance to play baseball.
It broke ground on Whitney Field in 2010 with help from sponsors Northwestern Mutual Foundation and the Metro Lions of St. Cloud. Former Twins player Harmon Killebrew was also a huge supporter of Miracle League.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets Announces 30 New Stores Ahead of Opening