Miracle League of Central Minnesota Opens a Special Field | News
The Miracle League of Central Minnesota is set to open their new field for special needs children on Saturday, June 4.
The new field, Whitney Field, is located at Whitney Park at 1529 Northway Drive in St. Cloud.
The field will open at 11:30 a.m. with a ribbon cutting ceremony. Former Minnesota Twins player, Al Newman, will cut the ribbon and give a speech.
The opening pitch is set to be thrown at noon. Followed by the first game on the field.
The Miracle League of Central Minnesota is a nonprofit organization that gives kids with mental or physical disabilities a chance to play baseball.
It broke ground on Whitney Field in 2010 with help from sponsors Northwestern Mutual Foundation and the Metro Lions of St. Cloud. Former Twins player Harmon Killebrew was also a huge supporter of Miracle League.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City of Eagan Prepares for Traffic, Parking with New Outlet Mall
- 635-Pound Lion Stays in Eden Prairie Yard, Misses his Church Debut
- Rep. John Kline Hosts 'Aging and Wellness Expo' for Seniors
- Sentencing of South St. Paul Man in Murder of Minn. National Guardsman Delayed
- West. St. Paul Students to Plant Trees at Schools, Homes Ahead of Earth Day