Benton County Fair Open Through Sunday | News
The Benton County Fair is underway with food, carnival rides, and all of the other favorite fair staples. The fair began Monday and will continue through Sunday, Aug. 7.
Highlights at the grandstand include motocross, a demolition derby, a truck pull, and a tractor pull.
Entertainment throughout the week will be provided by a variety of bands. Hairball, the Terry Nelson Band, Steel Blue, Kevin Lange, Switch, Smokin Guns, Rockie Lynne Tribute to the Troops, Killer Hayseeds, and 79 Freightliner will all perform on the Beer Garden Stage.
If you want to hear some local talent, check out contestants from Benton, Sherburne and Stearns Counties competing in the annual talent show. A $150 prize will be awarded to the top winner in the open division. The teen division winner will earn $100, and pre-teen division winner will earn $75.
As usual, there will be carnival rides, food, animal exhibits, pony rides, and even camel rides.
The Benton County Fair is located in Sauk Rapids. For more information, visit bentonfairmn.com.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Future of the Mississippi River is up for Debate
- Fire Damages Roof of Inver Grove Heights Elementary School
- Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track
- Man Arrested Months after Woman's Body Found in Dakota County Woods
- $1,000 Reward Offered in Mendota Heights Vandalism Cases