Bonding Bill Includes $78M for U of M, $63.5M for MnSCU Projects | Politics
Gov. Mark Dayton unveiled a list of projects he’ll ask the Legislature to pay for using proceeds from the sale of state bonds.
The list includes $78 million for University of Minnesota building projects and another $63.5 million for MnSCU campus projects. The bonding bill also includes civic center projects in Rochester, Mankato, and St. Cloud.Dayton’s administration estimates the bill would create up to 21,700 new jobs.
To view the entire bonding bill, click here.
The Associated Press contributed to this article.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Minnesota Car Fans to Honor 'Fast and Furious' Actor Paul Walker
- United Way Reminds Minnesotans to Use 2-1-1
- Chanhassen Approves Ordinance to Reduce Sex Trafficking at Massage Businesses
- Holiday Shoppers in West Suburbs can Take Public Transportation to MOA
- Minnesota-based 3D Printer Giants Gear Up for Patent Battle
- Changes to Road Were Planned Before Crash that Killed Lakeville Teen
- Police Search for Farmington Woman Missing Since Nov. 1
- Lakeville Teen Killed in Crash was Soccer Player, FCA Leader
- Snow Keeps Metro Emergency Rooms Busy with Weather-Related Injuries
- Sen. Al Franken Discusses College Affordability at Apple Valley Event