Northfield Councilman Takes on Kline for Congress | Politics
Northfield City Council member Patrick Ganey says he'll seek the Democratic endorsement to challenge Republican Rep. John Kline in the new 2nd Congressional District.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Ganey is the first Democrat to officially jump into the race. He's a development officer at Carleton College. Ganey said in a news release Saturday that he'll emphasize education for all Americans.
The 2nd District DFL convention is scheduled for April 28. The Democratic nominee will run against Kline, who is serving his fifth term representing the south suburban district, which became friendlier to Democrats under a redistricting map issued by a court panel last month. Kline chairs the House Education and Workforce Committee and served 25 years in the Marine Corps.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sentencing of South St. Paul Man in Murder of Minn. National Guardsman Delayed
- West. St. Paul Students to Plant Trees at Schools, Homes Ahead of Earth Day
- Twin Cities Mothers Combat Postpartum Depression
- Burnsville Fire Department Looks to Improve Response Times
- A Look Inside the Twin Cities Premium Outlets in Eagan