School Building for Sale | Public Spaces
Want to buy a school near Granite Falls? The Renville County West District needs someone to buy and re-develop one of its old school buildings.
The district put an ad for a school building in Sacred Heart, Minnesota on eBay.
The building used to house Sacred Heart School, a K-12 school. Then, a few years ago, the district converted it into Renville County West Elementary School.
Last year, the district closed the building and moved all the students to schools in Renville. It's still used for after school activities and to house equipment.
The building is 80,000 square feet and is equipped with everything a school needs, including two gyms and a cafeteria.
Superintendent Lance Bagstad says the district hopes to get at least $50,000 for the building. It also hopes to lease space back from the new owners so it can still use it for after-school activities.
Most importantly, Bagstad says he hopes the new owners will preserve the nature of the building and redevelop it so the community can enjoy it.
Anyone who wants to put an offer on the school must go through the district.
Upcoming Events near Greater Minnesota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets Announces 30 New Stores Ahead of Opening